LET US SAVE UGANDA (LUSU) is a Voluntary Non-Profit (NP), Humanitarian and Charity Organisation, Registered on 26th-August-2009 as Community Based Organization (CBO) in accordance with the Kabale District Local Government Council Resolution of the Republic of Uganda under Minute No. 4/2003 (C) and Registration No. 1055 that legalize her to undertake her Activities/Programmes as per her policy guidelines embedded in her Constitution. LUSU is a Non-Partisan Organisation.
LET US SAVE UGANDA (LUSU) is a Multi-Project Organisation dealing with a variety of disciplines. LUSU intends to and is absorbing all brains of different backgrounds of disciplines locally, nationally and internationally with the aim of creating a fundamental change for sustainable development.
LUSU currently has Fourteen (14) Departments namely: Agriculture, Disaster Preparedness and Management, Health and Sanitation, Education and Awareness, Information and Technology, Finance and Accounts, Gender and Human Rights, Environment and Natural Resources, Research and Publications, Job-Network, Charity and Comfort, Fellowships/ Scholarships, Marketing and Production; and Infrastructural Development of which there are and shall be mushrooming projects in relation to the unlimited community needs and concerns.
LUSU welcomes all Members of all Lines and Disciplines, Race, Colour, Affiliations, Institutions, Governments, etc for a fundamental change in attitude and behaviour towards achieving sustainable development in Uganda and the Global Society at large. Together, we make a difference and shall sustain for the future!!
1. Accountability: Acknowledging and assuming responsibility for actions, products, decisions, and policies. It can be applied to both individual accountability on the part of communities and accountability of the Organisation as a whole.
2. Balance: Taking a proactive stand to create and maintain a healthy work-life balance for workers.
3. Commitment: Committing to great product, service, and other initiatives that impact lives within and outside the organization.
4. Community: Contributing to society and demonstrating corporate social responsibility.
5. Diversity: Respecting the diversity and giving the best of composition. Establishing an employee equity program.
6. Empowerment: Encouraging employees to take initiative and give the best. Adopting an error-embracing environment to empower communities to lead and make decisions.
7. Innovation: Pursuing new creative ideas that have the potential to change the world.
8. Integrity: Acting with honesty and honor without compromising the truth.
9. Ownership: Taking care of the Organisation and benefitiaries as they were one's own.
10. Safety: Ensuring the health and safety of employees and going beyond the legal requirements to provide an accident-free workplace.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. As LUSU, we will work cooperatively with all individuals and groups, with for-profit and not-for-profit corporations and organisations, and with governments and international bodies committed to ensure sustainable environment and livelihoods, subject only to the policies and priorities set by our governing bodies.
2. We undertake to be open, honest and accountable in our relationships with everyone we work with, and with each other.
3. We will be democratic, politically non-partisan and non-sectarian in our work.
4. We will condemn bribery and corruption vigorously wherever it has been reliably identified.
5. The positions we take will be based on sound, objective and professional analysis and high standards of research.
6. We will only accept funding that does not compromise our ability to address issues freely, thoroughly and objectively.
7. We will provide accurate and timely reports of our activities to our stakeholders.
8. We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedom.
9. We are committed to building, working with and working through teamwork worldwide.
10. We will strive for balanced and diverse representation on our governing bodies.
11. As LUSU, we stand in solidarity with each other and we will not act in ways that may adversely affect other initiatives and collaborations as a whole.
POWERS OF THE ORGANISATION
For the purpose of carrying out of the aims and objectives of the organization under this constitution, LUSU may:-
1. Acquire premises necessary or convenient for the conduct of the affairs and business of the organization and may for that purpose, buy, take in exchange, hire or otherwise acquire immovable and/or movable property.
2. Raise loans, overdraft facilities or borrow monies in such amounts and for such purposes and under conditions as may be determined by the General Meeting.
3. Employ; engage upon such terms and conditions as the General Meeting may consider fit such persons as may be necessary for conducting the affairs and business of the organization.
4. Establish partnership, collaboration, coalition or integration with any local or International Organization, donor agencies etc. contributing to the aims, objectives and functions of the organization.
5. Do all lawful acts and things as shall be deemed necessary for establishment of any or all of the objects of the organization.